Education Quality Assurance Agency
In accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan signed on December 29, 2019, Accreditation and Nostrification Bureau was reorganized under the name of Education Quality Assurance Agency as a public-legal entity under the The Ministry of Education.
The objective of Education Quality Assurance Agency is to create an effective quality assurance system in the Republic of Azerbaijan, to form a leading education system among world countries in terms of quality results and coverage, as well as to support competitive professionals with modern knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience.
The main directions of activity of the Agency are the following:
- to implement accreditation process of educational institutions;
- to implement recognition process of foreign educational documents and equivalence process of qualifications (nostrification);
- to assess and recognize knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience gained through informal and non-formal forms of vocational education;
- to prepare recommendations and trainings for the implementation of accreditation of educational institutions;
- to provide consulting and methodological support services for the establishment and development of internal quality assurance systems in educational institutions;
- to promote sustainable development of the education system and state standards in this field and to enhance the prestige of educational institutions and quality of specialist training;
- to participate in the review of licensing of educational activities;
- to learn and apply advanced international practices in the relevant field.